Key Cover Insurance
If your car keys have ever been lost, stolen or damaged then you’ll understand the frustration that goes with it! With Key Cover you can rest assured that you won’t be left out in the cold with no way of getting to your destination.
What to do if your keys are lost, stolen or damaged...
Simply phone the RAC and they will make the appropriate arrangements to help get you back on the road again.
We will either reimburse you or pay the costs of:
- Retrieving your keys if they are accidentally locked in your car
- Taking you home to get your spare key
- Replacing the car keys and resetting the alarm / immobiliser
- Replacing the lock if your key breaks inside and isn’t retrievable
- Transporting you, your car and up to 8 passengers to the nearest suitable garage within the RAC network, to collect a replacement key and/ or locks
- Reimburse you up to £100 for a locksmith or a taxi to get spare keys if you accidentally lock your keys inside a property
- We also cover lost or broken garage keys
We will pay up to £300 to replace a lost car key and reset an immobiliser, and up to £300 to replace a garage key. There is up to £1,500 of cover per claim for any replacement locks on your car or garage.
What happens if the RAC can't get my car back on the road the same day?
If this happens or if your car has been rendered unusable as a direct result of the loss, damage or theft of your car keys, we will either reimburse you or pay for the costs of:
- Taking your car to the nearest suitable garage or approved repairers
- Travel costs of up to a maximum of £150 for either a hire car for you and up to 8 people or alternative travel costs
- Overnight hotel accommodation for you and up to 8 passengers, up to a maximum cost of £200 if required
There is no excess to pay and your no claim discount will not be affected with this cover
Please refer to the policy wording for full terms and conditions.
Already with us?
Upgrade today simply by calling 0345 604 3553.
For more information and full terms and conditions, please refer to the Policy Booklet.