In response to the ongoing Coronavirus situation, to help keep our colleagues and their families safe we have made the decision to close our offices until further notice.
We already have many of our colleagues working from home with systems and procedures in place to ensure your data remains secure. We are continuing to expand the number of home workers, however closing our offices will severely impact our ability to take calls.
To help us help those who need us most right now, please don't call us unless it is absolutely necessary.
So we can prioritise our existing customer queries during this difficult time, you’ll only be able to buy a new policy from us online.
My Account continues to be available to you 24/7 and we’re constantly updating our FAQs and Chatbot with the latest information. For urgent support, our Live Chat team will get to you as soon as they can (Mon-Fri 8am-8pm, Sat 9am-5pm, Sun 9am-2pm).
Need to renew?
Need to make a claim?
You can also check out our FAQs for any questions related directly to Coronavirus.
What do I get with Sheilas' Wheels?Off
- Legal liability - unlimited cover for death or injury to other people
- Driving other cars - policy holder only, subject to eligibility
- Guaranteed repair work - for five years if you use one of our recommended repairers
Courtesy car - provided while your car is being repaired by our recommended repairers
- Handbag Cover - loss or damage to any handbag and its contents while in your car worth up to £300
- Family Friendly Garages - our repairers receive guidelines so they are better suited to working with young families
- Counselling Service - free over the phone counselling service for you and any member of your family
Defaqto 5 Star rated car insurance
Handy Optional Extras!Off
if you are involved in a road traffic accident that was partly or wholly the fault of the other driver, Motor Legal Protection could help you recover some of the uninsured losses.
If we deem it worthwhile that you pursue court action we can pay up to £100,000 (including VAT) towards legal costs.
This also recovers the cost of personal injury compensation, alternative travel arrangements, and loss of earnings amongst other things that are not covered by the insurance policy.
We can also pay up to £100,000 for legal costs to help defend the customer for a motoring incident.
Find out more about motor legal protection.
We've joined forces with the RAC to offer you a range of Breakdown Assistance options. The RAC are the UK's most experienced breakdown provider so you know you’re in safe hands.
Why the RAC?
When we said they can get you back on the road in no time at all, we weren’t exaggerating. The RAC fix 4 out 5 cars in an average of 30 minutes by the roadside.92% of RAC customers would recommend the RAC to other drivers. Not to mention they are the most experienced breakdown provider in the UK
What does the cover include?
Including unlimited labour, if your vehicle cannot be repaired, and you are over a quarter of a mile from your home, it will be towed to the nearest garage or destination of your choice within 10 miles.
If you pay a little extra you can add these additional levels of cover:
- Roadside assistance
- Roadside Assistance and Home Rescue
- Roadside Assistance, Home Rescue and Recovery
- Cover for any car for you and your partner
Find out more about car insurance with breakdown cover.
In the event of death or serious injury, we’ll pay up to £100,000 if you (or any named driver) are at fault, or up to £30,000 if not.
A brief but not exhaustive breakdown of what Personal Injury Benefit covers you for:
- Death – £100,000 (Fault) or £30,000 (Not at fault)
- Permanent total disablement – £100,000 (Fault) or £30,000 (Not at fault)
- Loss of (or loss of use of) one limb - £100,000 (Fault) or £15,000 (Not at fault)
- Loss of sight in one or both eyes – £100,000 (Fault) or up to £30,000 (Not at fault)
- Loss of hearing in one or both ears – £100,000 (Fault) or up to £30,000 (Not at fault)
- Loss of speech – £100,000 (Fault) or £30,000 (Not at fault)
- Third degree burns – £100,000 (Fault) or £15,000 (Not at fault)
Find out more about Personal Injury Cover.
If your car is stolen and not recovered, or we agree it is a total loss, you will get a similar sized hire car by the end of the next working day for up to 21 days while we process your claim.
The Car Hire offers you the following:
- Up to 21 days car hire while your claim is being processed
- We can collect you from your home or work to pick up the car
- Car hire cover for all named drivers on your policy
Find out more about Car Hire Benefit.
If your keys are lost, stolen or damaged, you can call our partner the RAC, who will:
- Retrieve your keys if they are accidentally locked in your car
- Take you home to get your spare key
- Replace the car keys and reset the alarm/immobiliser
- Replace the lock if your key breaks inside and is not retrievable
If you can’t get back on the road the same day overnight hotel accommodation up to £200 for you and up to eight passengers can be provided in necessary circumstances.
Find out more about car insurance with Key Cover.
Please note: Misfuelling benefit does not cover fully Electric Vehicles.
If you misfuel your car you can call out our partner the RAC who will get you back on the road in no time at all, we will pay or reimburse you for:
- Transporting you, your car and up to eight passengers to the nearest suitable garage within the RAC Network
- Costs involved to drain and clean the fuel system
- Replenishing of the fuel tank with 10 litres of fuel*
- Hire car to complete your journey, up to £150
- Reimbursement of £25 worth of fuel, on presentation of receipt
*This does not apply if the damage is part of an accidental damage claim.
Find out more about Misfuelling Insurance.
Spend less with Multicar!On
So as long as you have two or more cars in your household, you could save money on all of them with Multicar. How good is that?
- You, your partner, or anyone over 25 in your household can save
- Guaranteed quotes for 12 months, if your details don't change
- Individual policies
Be savvy and insure more for less money!
Make a claim
Find out how to make a claim. We're here to support you when you need us most
Check the policy booklet to find out what's covered by our Defaqto 5 Star rated insurance
Car Insurance Hub
Find car insurance by age, location, cover type or car type