Sheilas' Wheels want to support our motor policy customers who are helping the Ukrainian refugee humanitarian aid operation.
What do I get with Sheilas' Wheels?Off
- Legal liability - unlimited cover for death or injury to other people.
- Driving other cars - policy holder only, subject to eligibility
- 5-Year Repair Guarantee - it’s a win win for you, so long as one of our recommended repairers is fixing your motor.
Courtesy car - so long as one of our recommended repairers is fixing your motor following an accident.
- Handbag Cover - if your bag is stolen from your car or damaged while in your car, we'll cover it and its contents up to £200.
- Personal Belongings Cover - your mobile and sunnies are covered as part of a claim – up to £200.
- Counselling Service - free over the phone counselling service for you and any member of your family living with you
- Windscreen Cover - from small chips to big cracks, our specialists will do a top job repairing or replacing your windscreen
Defaqto 5 Star rated car insurance
Are you an existing Sheilas' Wheels Car Insurance customer?
When we issue your renewal quote, it will always be the same or less than the equivalent new customer price*
*The price you'd be given as a new customer if it was calculated using the same information available for your renewal quote (assuming the same cover details and sales channel).
Handy Optional Extras!Off
If you’re involved in an accident that was partly or completely the fault of the other driver we can pay up to £100,000 (including VAT) towards legal costs to help you recover your expenses.
If we deem it worthwhile that you pursue court action we can pay up to £100,000 (including VAT) towards legal costs.
This also recovers the cost of personal injury compensation, alternative travel arrangements, and loss of earnings amongst other things that are not covered by the standard insurance policy.
We can also pay up to £100,000 for legal costs to help defend the customer for a motoring incident.
Find out more about Motor Legal Protection.
We've joined forces with the RAC to offer you a range of Breakdown Assistance options. The RAC are the UK's most experienced breakdown provider so you know you’re in safe hands.
Why the RAC?
When we said they can get you back on the road in no time at all, we weren’t exaggerating. The RAC fix 4 out 5 cars in an average of 30 minutes by the roadside.92% of RAC customers would recommend the RAC to other drivers. Not to mention they are the most experienced breakdown provider in the UK
What does the cover include?
Including unlimited labour, if your vehicle cannot be repaired, and you are over a quarter of a mile from your home, it will be towed to the nearest garage or destination of your choice within 10 miles.
If you pay a little extra you can add these additional levels of cover:
- Roadside assistance
- Roadside Assistance and Home Rescue
- Roadside Assistance, Home Rescue and Recovery
- Cover for any car for you and your partner
Find out more about car insurance with breakdown cover.
In the event of death or serious injury to you (or any named driver), we’ll cover medical expenses and pay up to £100,000 if you’re at fault, or up to £30,000 if not.
A brief but not exhaustive breakdown of what Personal Injury Benefit covers you for:
- Death – £100,000 (Fault) or £30,000 (Not at fault)
- Permanent total disablement – £100,000 (Fault) or £30,000 (Not at fault)
- Loss of (or loss of use of) one limb - £100,000 (Fault) or £15,000 (Not at fault)
- Loss of sight in one or both eyes – £100,000 (Fault) or up to £30,000 (Not at fault)
- Loss of hearing in one or both ears – £100,000 (Fault) or up to £30,000 (Not at fault)
- Loss of speech – £100,000 (Fault) or £30,000 (Not at fault)
- Third degree burns – £100,000 (Fault) or £15,000 (Not at fault)
Find out more about Personal Injury Cover.
If your car is stolen and not recovered, or we agree it’s a total loss, you’ll get a similar-sized hire car. You can use this while your claim is being processed, for up to a maximum of 21 days.
The Car Hire offers you the following:
- Up to 21 days car hire while your claim is being processed
- We can collect you from your home or work to pick up the car
- Car hire cover for all named drivers on your policy
Find out more about Car Hire Benefit.
Oops! Have your keys been lost, stolen or damaged? You can give our partners, the RAC, a call and they'll help retrieve, repair or replace them.
If your keys are lost, stolen or damaged, you can call our partner the RAC, who will:
- Retrieve your keys if they are accidentally locked in your car
- Take you home to get your spare key
- Replace the car keys and reset the alarm/immobiliser
- Replace the lock if your key breaks inside and is not retrievable
If you can’t get back on the road the same day overnight hotel accommodation up to £200 for you and up to eight passengers can be provided in necessary circumstances.
Find out more about car insurance with Key Cover.
If you misfuel your car you can call out our partner, the RAC, who’ll aim to get you back on the road in no time at all. Remember you won’t need this cover if your vehicle is fully electric.
We will pay or reimburse you for:
- Transporting you, your car and up to eight passengers to the nearest suitable garage within the RAC Network
- Costs involved to drain and clean the fuel system
- Replenishing of the fuel tank with 10 litres of fuel*
- Hire car to complete your journey, up to £150
- Reimbursement of £25 worth of fuel, on presentation of receipt
*This does not apply if the damage is part of an accidental damage claim.
Find out more about Misfuelling Insurance.
More than one car at home?
When you, or anyone permanently living in the same household as you, insures additional cars with us direct we’ll discount each new policy by 10%*
* (1) Discount excludes Optional Extras. (2) Subject to eligibility.
Separate policies – so no change to your existing renewal dates. Your No Claims Discount (NCD) for each policy will also be kept separate, so a claim on one policy won’t affect the NCD of the other
Make a claim
Find out how to make a claim. We're here to support you when you need us most
Check the policy booklet to find out what's covered by our Defaqto 5 Star rated insurance
Car Insurance Hub
Find car insurance by age, location, cover type or car type