Summer Holiday Essentials for a Stress-Free Break
Looking forward to a well-earned summer holiday, but not looking forward to the packing? Don’t stress, we’ve got your summer holiday essentials covered.
Whether you’re a seasoned traveller or an aspiring jet-setter, our tips will simplify your packing process, leaving you more time to focus on the important stuff – like getting ready to relax and enjoy that fabulous holiday!
Without these travel essentials, you won’t be heading off on your holiday at all. At least not an overseas one. Make sure you pack all of these in a safe, easy to access travel wallet. And check you’ve packed them at least twice.
- Visa if required
- Travel money
- Travel insurance documents
- European Health Insurance Card if travelling to Europe (EHIC)
- Driving license (if you’re planning to hire a car)
- Accommodation and flight details
We asked our Sheila, Carly, to recommend her summer holiday capsule wardrobe essentials.
Here’s her top 10 items:
- Denim shorts
- Maxi skirt
- Vest top
- Maxi dress
- Bodycon dress
- Flip flops
If you’re packing smart and light, the essential thing, with a capsule wardrobe, is to make sure everything will mix and match.
It’s also worth throwing in some statement jewellery, and an oversized beach bag with a bit of sparkle.
Holidays are the perfect time for snapping a sunset-lit selfie or catching up with a good book.
Pack these tech essentials, unless of course, you’re planning a digital detox.
- Phone and charger
- Plug adaptor
- Tablet or e-reader
- Sat Nav (if you’re driving but double check that they’re allowed in the country you’re visiting)
Health and Beauty
You might want to invest in some new products for holiday. Especially if you’ll be spending time in a different climate. These are some of our products, we’d never leave home without.
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Shower gel
- Lightweight foundation
- Make up bag
- Body lotion
- Sun tan lotion
- After sun
- Toothbrush and paste
- Wet wipes or make-up remover
- Sanitary towels/tampons
- Specialist hair products if your hair is prone to frizzing or getting damaged in the sun
- Hairbrush and accessories
- Insect repellent
- Tummy settlers
Before filling it with your on-board essentials, make sure that your hand luggage can fit in the overhead bins and is in line with your travel company’s size and weight limits. Once you’ve got the perfect hand luggage, here are the essentials our Sheilas’ take along on every journey.
- Travel docs
- Travel moisturiser (for those times when your skin needs a little pick up)
- Face wipes
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Phone and tablet
- Water (if you’re flying, remember to buy this once you’ve cleared security)
- Eye mask and sleep pillow if you’re on a long journey
And remember, if you’re flying, any liquid items in your hand luggage need to be less than 100ml.
So, whether your packing style is to throw it all in or carefully fold each sock, our holiday essentials list should help you head out on holiday stress-free and ready for fun.
And to make sure you have peace of mind while you’re away, remember to take out travel insurance before you head off.