We are here to support you if you have been affected by Coronavirus
Working from home
If you have our Home Insurance, and are doing general office work from home, you are covered as standard by your policy. However, you need to let us know if you:
- Have visitors to your home related to your work
- Make or sell goods from your home or you store stock of these at your home
- Have adapted your home (i.e. you’re using an outbuilding as your home office or undertaking renovation works)
- Have acquired new business equipment that belongs to you. Cover for any office equipment (i.e. a laptop) will usually be the employer’s responsibility but check with your employer if unsure
- Have established, or are planning to establish, a business which is registered from your home address during the pandemic, or have moved the running of your business to your home premises
If you do need to let us know, you can get online support via our Live Chat team or call us on 0345 045 9000.
Struggling to make your insurance payments
If your circumstances have changed and you are struggling to make your insurance payments, please reach out to us. Depending on the circumstances, there are ways we may be able to help.
Please don’t cancel any payments without speaking to us. If you do miss a payment, it could affect your cover, so please contact us on: 0345 045 2000 - Car customer services, or 0345 045 9000 - Home customer services, and we’ll do what we can to help.
The changes in our daily lives since the pandemic may have meant you’ve found yourself using your car differently. So, if you’ve found you’re driving less, why not find out if we could help you by reducing your mileage?
Already told us you are driving less? If you told us you're doing this because of the pandemic, but that has changed, you need to update us with a more accurate mileage estimate by calling 0345 045 2000.
If you’re commuting to work again or using your car for business and don’t have this cover on your policy, you need to let us know so the relevant cover can be added, as this is no longer automatically included. You can find more information on the different types of vehicle use at www.sheilaswheels.com/car-insurance.
Still using your car for volunteer work? If you’re using your car for volunteer work to support people in your community impacted by Covid-19 (e.g. to transport medicines or groceries), your cover will not be affected and you don’t need to tell us or make changes to your policy. We’ve been part of a long-standing volunteer driving agreement covering this type of voluntary work.
Looking for advice?
National Debtline, if you live in England, Wales or Scotland: 0808 808 4000 or nationaldebtline.co.uk
MoneyHelper, free unbiased information and advice: 0800 138 7777 or https://www.moneyhelper.org.uk/en and Money Advice Scotland https://www.moneyadvicescotland.org.uk/
Citizens Advice Bureau, free impartial advice: 0344 411 1444 or citizensadvice.org.uk, or citizensadvice.org.uk/wales/