Coronavirus Hub

So our customers can find the information they need during this time, we’ve created this page to help bring you up to date information on how to contact us, what we’re doing to help our customers, the NHS and Emergency Service workers, and all our Coronavirus FAQs.

From all of us at Sheilas’ Wheels, we really hope you and your family are keeping well and staying safe.


Need to contact us?

At the moment our teams are continuing to work from home to take your calls and process claims, so you can still give us a call if you need us. This does mean it may sometimes take a bit longer to get through, so thank you for bearing with us while we keep our colleagues safe.

My Account is available for you 24/7, including if you need to make a claim, and we’re constantly updating our FAQs and Chatbot with the latest information. For urgent support, our Live Chat team are there to help and will get to you as soon as they can (Mon-Fri 8am-8pm, Sat 9am-5pm, Sun 9am-2pm)

If you’d prefer to report your claim by phone, you can contact us on:

0345 607 7280 - Motor claims
0345 604 4215 - Home claims


We understand this year has brought new challenges to us all, and for some of us this may include facing unexpected financial difficulties. Our priority is being there for our customers who are now facing these issues, so we want to make sure you know about the support we can offer you.

Working from home
If you have home insurance with us and are now doing general office work from home, you don’t need to let us know and your cover will continue as normal unless you:
• have visitors to your home related to your work
• make or sell goods from your home or you store stock of these at your home
• have adapted your home i.e. using an outbuilding as your home office or undertaking renovation works
• have acquired new business equipment that belongs to you. Cover for any business equipment will usually be the employer’s responsibility but check with your employer if unsure
• have established, or are planning to establish, a business which is registered from your home address during the pandemic, or have moved the running of your business to your home premises
If you do need to let us know, you can do this via our Live Chat team on our website  

Payment break
If you need to take a temporary break from making your payments, you may be able to defer your future payments. You won’t need to pay any additional charges to do this, but you will need to agree to a new payment schedule.

Please don’t cancel any payments without speaking to us – if you do miss a payment, it could affect your cover – so please contact us and we will do what we can to help.

Waiving fees
Depending on your circumstances, if you need to make a change or cancel your policy during this crisis as a result of Covid-19 we may not charge you administration fees to do this, as we understand this is a challenging time.

Suspend your car insurance
If you’re not using your car at all at the moment, you can suspend your cover and any optional extras until you need to get back on the road, subject to the following conditions:

• You’ve not had a fault claim in this policy year
• Your car is registered off the road as SORN (Statutory Off Road Notification) with the DVLA.

You can either suspend your cover completely, or keep your car protected against fire and theft only. It’s important to remember that if you suspend your cover completely, while your car is off the road it will no longer be covered for things such as fire or if it gets stolen, so please think carefully before choosing this option. If you decide to reduce your cover to just fire and theft cover, you will not be insured to drive your car, so make sure you won’t need to use it before you do this.

Depending on your payment method, monthly payments can be immediately amended, and if you pay annually we will arrange a refund for the difference in premium. If this sounds like a good option for you, give us a call and we can discuss the full terms and conditions.

Give us a call on: 0345 045 2000

Reduce your mileage
The changes in our daily lives as a result of Covid-19 may have meant you’ve found yourself using your car differently during this time, so if you’ve found you’re driving less why not find out if we can help you by giving you some money back on your car insurance.

To find out if you’re eligible for a partial refund on your cover, for up to a 12 week period, contact us by completing this form.

How to fill in the form

• Select ‘Other Query’ in the ‘Subject’ box
• Fill in your name and policy details
• In the ‘Your questions/request section let us know the number of weeks your mileage has reduced for (maximum 12 weeks)

We will be in contact within 14 working days to let you know whether you’re eligible for a refund. Don’t forget we won’t charge you any administration fees to make these changes either.

Looking for advice?

National Debtline, if you live in England, Wales or Scotland: 0808 808 4000 or

Money Advice Service, free unbiased information and advice: 0800 138 7777 or
0141 572 0237 or

Citizens Advice Bureau, free impartial advice: 0344 411 1444 or, or


How we’re helping the NHS and Emergency Service workers

To help keep our NHS and Emergency Service workers moving, we’re giving you a replacement car until your claim has been settled – not only while yours is being repaired but now also if it’s written off or stolen. We’ll also be in touch after your claim has been settled to discuss any ongoing requirements

We’re providing you with free breakdown cover should you need it

You won’t be asked to pay an excess on any claim

Plus, we’re making sure your claim and repairs are top of our list, so we can get your car back to you as soon as possible

And to ensure safety, all replacement cars and repaired customer cars will be fully sanitised on collection and delivery

For full details and terms and conditions on the above please click here

Coronavirus FAQs