Third Party Fire and Theft Car Insurance
What is Third Party Fire and Theft Insurance?
Third party fire and theft covers you if your car is stolen, damaged by fire or by anyone attempting to steal it. It also covers any third party, and damage to their property if you’re at fault.
What do I get?
- Cover for death or injury to other people, including passengers – unlimited
- Cover for damage to other people’s property - £20 million
- Five years of guaranteed repair work for fire or theft claims when you use our recommended garages
- £1000 cover for gadgets that are permanently fixed in your car
What’s the difference between third party fire and theft and fully comp?
Although Third Party Fire and Theft Insurance still gives you more than the legal minimum, it’s worth thinking about what you would have to cover out of your own money if:
- You were at fault in an accident and your own car was damaged
- You got any injuries from an accident you were at fault for
- Your car was damaged by severe weather such as floods
A comprehensive insurance policy includes:
- A replacement car or pay-out if yours is written off
- Windscreen cover
- Minimal cover for injuries you get in an accident
- Opportunity to increase your cover with optional extras
Will third party fire and theft insurance cover me for what I need?
You need to think carefully about what you want to be covered for, we can only highlight the differences between the levels of cover and can’t recommend what option you should take.
You could choose Third Party Fire and Theft Insurance if:
- Your car is cheap to fix
- You can afford to replace your car if it’s written off after an accident
- You don’t need any cover for injuries you may get in an accident
The benefits of being with Sheilas’ Wheels
- At Sheilas’ Wheels we can offer customers who meet our criteria the opportunity to buy No Claim Discount protection for life year on year. So if you’re a safe driver you’ll still get your No Claims Discount regardless of how many claims you make
- If you’ve got a question, we’ve got the answers – day or night, with our 24-hour motor legal advice helpline line
- Handy handbag protection cover, we know losing your handbag can be a nightmare, which is why we’ll increase your personal belongings cover to £300 for your handbag!
- Going on a road trip? You can ask for 90 days cover if you want to take your car abroad, but you might have to pay a little extra to do this. Find out to see what countries we can cover you for at our European car insurance page!
- If you’re involved in an accident and have made a claim we’ll give you £100 towards the cost of a new car seat for your child, even if there is no visible damage!