You can add Critical Illness Cover to life insurance for an extra cost when taking out your policy
92% of Critical Illness Cover claims
were paid by Legal & General in 2019
£75 M&S or Amazon eGift card to say thanks for getting a life insurance policy before 31 Aug 2021.
(Available after your policy’s been live for 6 months and your payments are up to date. T&Cs apply).
Why should I get Critical Illness Cover?
Try to imagine how you and your family would cope - financially and emotionally - if you were to suffer a critical illness, such as a heart attack, stroke or a certain type of cancer? Lifestyle changes, taking time off work (or maybe even leaving your job), having to make changes to your home…these are all things that hardly bear thinking about, but are important to consider.
Critical Illness Cover can be added to a Life Insurance or Decreasing Life Insurance policy for an extra cost when you take out cover. It could pay out a cash sum if you're diagnosed with, or undergo a medical procedure for, one of the specified critical illnesses that we cover during the length of your policy (so long as you survive for 14 days from diagnosis). This could help you with costs such as childcare, everyday living costs, and help you maintain your standard of living whilst you recover – making it that little bit easier to get your life back on track.
Critical Illness Cover
Help minimise the financial impact of a critical illness on you and your family.
- You'll be covered if you're diagnosed with or undergo a medical procedure for one of the critical illnesses we cover and you survive for 14 days from diagnosis, before your policy ends
- The list of illnesses we cover includes many types of cancer, heart attack and stroke
- For the full list, please take a look at our Guide to Critical Illness Cover. Children’s Critical Illness Cover is included at no extra charge – from when they’re 30 days old to their 18th birthday (or 21st birthday if they’re in full-time education). T&Cs apply
- If you die then the cover will end for a single life policy. If you have a joint policy, when the first person dies and makes a valid claim, your Critical Illness Cover policy can continue.
- If you stop paying your premiums your cover will end 30 days after the first missed premium.
- The policy won't pay out If you’re diagnosed with or undergo a medical procedure for a critical illness that doesn't meet our definition.
- The policy won't pay out if death occurs within 14 days of diagnosis of one of the critical illnesses we cover.
- If some elements of cover are restricted based on the information you give us, we'll tell you what we've excluded in your policy booklet under 'What you are not covered for'.
- When you first take out the policy you will have the opportunity to cancel. If you cancel within 30 days, we’ll refund any premiums you’ve paid. If you cancel the policy at a later stage, you will not get any money back.
Critical Illness Cover
Some types of cancer are not included and you need to have permanent symptoms to make a claim for some illnesses.
This is not a savings or investment product and has no cash value unless a valid claim is made.
Please read the key documents below before you apply.
Please note that Legal & General will share your name, address, product type and sum assured information with Sheilas' Wheels for the purposes of commercial reporting and partnership administration. By proceeding to purchase, you agree to this information being shared with Sheilas' Wheels.
eGift card Offer Terms & Conditions
- This offer is available to customers who buy Legal & General Life Insurance or Decreasing Life Insurance (with or without Critical Illness Cover) directly via the Sheilas' Wheels website or over the phone on 0800 008 3052 on or before 31st August 2021.
- The eGifts available to choose from are:(a) £75 Amazon.co.uk eGift card* (b) £75 M&S eGift card**.
- You will be eligible for your eGift card when your policy has been live for 6 months, provided you haven't cancelled your policy and your payments are fully up to date.
- A letter or email will be sent to you with details of how to redeem your eGift card, please allow 30 days from your policy start date for delivery of this communication.
- If you have previously held and cancelled a Legal & General Life Insurance or Decreasing Life Insurance policy (with or without Critical Illness Cover) within the last 18 months, you will not be eligible for this offer.
- Legal & General reserves the right to cancel your Legal & General Life Insurance or Decreasing Life Insurance policy or your eligibility for an eGift card should we discover or have a reasonable suspicion that the terms and conditions of this offer are being abused.
- This offer is limited to one eGift card per policy sold.
- You have twelve months from your policy start date to claim your eGift card or you will not be eligible for this offer.
- The incentive provider could be changed but the monetary value of this offer will not change.
- No cash alternative will be offered.
- This promotion is managed by MLP, The Cowshed, Walnut Tree Farm, Lower Stretton, Warrington WA4 4PG on behalf of Legal & General.
- For further information or any queries in relation to this voucher offer, please call MLP on 01565 747 706 or email them at [email protected]
- Promoter: Legal & General, Knox Court, 10 Fitzalan Place, Cardiff CF24 0TL.
*Restrictions apply, see amazon.co.uk/gc-legal
**Cannot be exchanged for cash or used to pay for M&S Bank services, products or outstanding card balances, made to measure shirts, personalised cards, Lunch to Go, M&S Energy or to buy another gift card or eGift card.