Cover from just
£6 a month
(this depends on your circumstances).
97% of life claims
were paid by Legal & General in 2020
(Based on all Life Insurance and Over 50s Life Insurance).
£75 M&S or Amazon eGift card to say thanks for getting a life insurance policy before 31 October 2021.
(Available after your policy’s been live for 6 months and your payments are up to date. T&Cs apply).
Or call Legal & General on 0800 008 3052
8:30am to 8pm Monday to Friday
9am to 1pm Saturday
Legal & General may record and monitor calls
Why should I get life insurance?
Try to imagine how your family would cope – emotionally and financially – if you suddenly weren’t around. Hardly bears thinking about does it? But however hard it may be, it’s important to consider - especially if you want them to have a secure future should the worst happen.
Life insurance could pay out a cash lump sum if you were to pass away during the length of the policy. Depending on the product you choose, and your own circumstances, this could help your loved ones manage costs like outstanding bills, debts, or covering the mortgage. While it can never take away the pain of losing you, it could at least make things a little bit easier financially during a very difficult time.
What do I need to think about before I buy?
Here are some things you could consider when deciding how much life insurance would help secure your family’s future and how long you want the cover to run.
- What would your family need to keep their current lifestyles? A good rule of thumb is to multiply your annual salary by how many years you’d like to take cover out for
- What plans do your dependents have? For example, what age does your partner plan to retire?
- If you have children, what are the potential costs? For example, for childcare or university fees?
- How much would they need to pay off big loans or debts? Like credit cards or funeral costs
- Would you like your family to stay in the home they love? If so, check what your current mortgage balance and term is
- What other cover do you already have in place? Like life cover, death in service benefits or any investments that’d pay out if you died
Critical Illness Cover
You can add this to your life insurance to help minimise the financial impact of a critical illness on you and your family.
eGift card Offer Terms & Conditions
- This offer is available to customers who buy Legal & General Life Insurance or Decreasing Life Insurance (with or without Critical Illness Cover) directly via the Sheilas' Wheels website or over the phone on 0800 008 3052 on or before 31st October 2021.
- The eGifts available to choose from are:(a) £75 Amazon.co.uk eGift card* (b) £75 M&S eGift card**.
- You will be eligible for your eGift card when your policy has been live for 6 months, provided you haven't cancelled your policy and your payments are fully up to date.
- A letter or email will be sent to you with details of how to redeem your eGift card, please allow 30 days from your policy start date for delivery of this communication.
- If you have previously held and cancelled a Legal & General Life Insurance or Decreasing Life Insurance policy (with or without Critical Illness Cover) within the last 18 months, you will not be eligible for this offer.
- Legal & General reserves the right to cancel your Legal & General Life Insurance or Decreasing Life Insurance policy or your eligibility for an eGift card should we discover or have a reasonable suspicion that the terms and conditions of this offer are being abused.
- This offer is limited to one eGift card per policy sold.
- You have twelve months from your policy start date to claim your eGift card or you will not be eligible for this offer.
- The incentive provider could be changed but the monetary value of this offer will not change.
- No cash alternative will be offered.
- This promotion is managed by MLP, The Cowshed, Walnut Tree Farm, Lower Stretton, Warrington WA4 4PG on behalf of Legal & General.
- For further information or any queries in relation to this voucher offer, please call MLP on 01565 747 706 or email them at [email protected]
- Promoter: Legal & General, Knox Court, 10 Fitzalan Place, Cardiff CF24 0TL.
*Restrictions apply, see amazon.co.uk/gc-legal
**Cannot be exchanged for cash or used to pay for M&S Bank services, products or outstanding card balances, made to measure shirts, personalised cards, Lunch to Go, M&S Energy or to buy another gift card or eGift card.