Peterborough Car Insurance
How much could you save? Buy today and you'll get:
- Access to our 24/7 accident helpline
- 5 Star Defaqto rated cover
Peterborough Car Insurance
Peterborough is a cathedral city located in the county of Cambridgeshire. It’s known for being the ‘Gateway to the Fens’– an important area for agriculture, which was originally marshland. In the 1800s with the advent of the railways Peterborough became an industrial centre, in particular it focussed on brick manufacture.
Like many other cities there are a lot of things happening throughout the year in Peterborough. One particular highlight is the East of England Show. This festival promotes agriculture and rural life, celebrating farming and home grown British food. If you’re going to be driving to this event or one similar it’s worth packing a few essentials, like wellies and a light waterproof jacket, especially if you’re going to be parking in a field that’s a bit of a walk away. It also might be a good idea to bring rope in case it rains and your car gets stuck in the mud, that way you can get towed out by another car.
As well being synonymous with farming and rural life, Peterborough is also surprisingly a big transport hub with the Great North Road passing through the city. Due to this a lot of residents come in and out of Peterborough for their work. If you are a commuter and use your car often you could end up paying more for your car insurance due to the increased miles you’d be driving.
Does car insurance in Peterborough cost more when compared with other parts of the UK?
Insurance quotes could vary for a variety of reasons. Some areas might be more populated, for example, so the risk of your car becoming damaged or being involved in an accident is increased slightly. It’s worth keeping in mind that car insurance quotes are calculated using a variety of factors, such as whether you’ve modified your car or how old you are. Older drivers, such as those aged in their 60s can get a better deal than those who are 18 and have less driving experience.
I commute to work, how can I save on my car insurance?
If you’re buying car insurance in Peterborough but will be using your car to drive to other cities, there are small changes you can make that might help reduce your quote.
- If you have a garage, try parking in there at night and mention this during the quote process. Doing this reduces the risk of your car being damaged, and stolen.
- Take care when out driving, if you don’t make any claims over a period of time you’ll build up a No Claim Discount, which can save you some money when you come to buy your next policy.
What does Sheilas' Wheels comprehensive insurance include?
- Unlimited legal liability cover – if any third party dies or is injured by your car, including passengers.
- Up £20 million – to cover any damage you do to another person’s property with your car
- Up to £300 handbag cover – your handbag and its contents when stored in a lockable compartment are covered if damaged or stolen from your car.
- Windscreen cover – windscreen and windows are covered for repair and replacement.
- Courtesy car – for when your car is being fixed by our recommended repairers.
- Family friendly garages – our garages receive guidelines on working with young families.
What else can Sheilas' Wheels do for me?
Accident counselling service – here to talk when you’re ready.
Vandalism protection – all you need is a crime number from the police. Your No Claim Discount won’t be affected.
Uninsured driver promise – if an uninsured driver hits you, you’ll still be covered. What’s more, you won’t lose your No Claim Discount if they can be identified. That way you can have complete peace of mind that you’re protected.
When you choose Sheilas’ Wheels you can top up your cover with our Optional Extras:
We’ll provide you with a hire car if your car is either written off, or stolen and not recovered. This means you won’t be without a car while you wait for your claim to be settled. It’s simple–we’ll pick you up from either your home or work and take you to your hire car (which you could have up to 21 days while we settle your claim). Then when your claim is settled, we’ll simply collect the car within 48 hours.
If you’re injured in an accident that was your fault, you get minimal cover for your injuries. But with our Personal Injury Benefit, you’ll have extra cover, if heaven forbid, you ever sustain life-changing injuries.
You could save money with Sheilas’ Wheels Multicar
If you have more than one car in your household, you could save money by insuring two or more of them with Sheilas’ Wheels.
- A Multicar Discount - The good news is that you, your partner or anyone over the age of 25 in your household can save on all the cars you insure with us, once you’ve insured two or more cars
- 1 year quote promise – your Multicar quote will be valid for 1 year if your details don’t change. You can also add additional cars if you ever need to.
Separate policies – if you’re worried a claim might affect the No Claim Discount on the other policy, don’t be. Multicar policies are treated individually. This even includes renewal dates, so you don’t have to insure all your cars at the same time.