What do I get with Sheilas' Wheels?
- Kids Go FREE! with children who permanently live with you
- Cover options for travel, in Europe or Worldwide
- Emergency Medical Cover, up to £10,000,000 per person
- Buy online up until an hour before you set off!
- Baggage Cover, up to £1,500 per person (£500 single item limit), including Handbag on Holiday cover - If your handbag is stolen from your person, you won't have to pay an excess
- Legal Expenses, up to £50,000 per person
- Option to 'top-up' your baggage cover to £2,500
- Access to the Sheilas' Wheels Holiday Hotline - 24 hours a day 365 days a year
- Personal Accident Cover, up to £30,000 per person
Handy Optional Extras
Winter Sports Cover
For a little extra you can buy Winter Sports Cover.
Cover is provided for skiing, snowboarding and off-piste skiing activities when accompanied by a qualified instructor. There is also cover for ski equipment, loss of ski pass and piste closure. There is no cover for ice hockey, ski-jumping, ski-racing, ski-acrobatics or the use of skeletons or bobsleighs. A maximum of 24 days cover per year is provided for those who choose an Annual Policy.
- Pre-existing medical conditions unless declared to and accepted by us
- If you are 80 years of age or older when your trip starts (Single Trip) or over 70 when your cover starts (Annual)
- Children who are travelling alone
Baggage & Personal Money Cover
Baggage and Personal Belongings
Covers the cost of replacing your baggage and personal belongings if they are lost, stolen or damaged during your trip (less wear, tear and depreciation).
A single article limit of £500 and a total valuables limit of £500 applies.
Covers you up to £200 for the cost of buying essential items if your carrier has misplaced or delayed your baggage for more than 12 hours during your outward journey.
This section provides cover for loss or theft of your personal money whilst on your trip.
This section includes our 'handbag on holiday' cover. This means that if your handbag containing your personal money is stolen from your person we won't charge you an excess.
For loss of cash the limit is £300. £50 for children under 16.
Cover in the event that you have to cancel because of: injury, illness or death of a relative or any one travelling with you; as a result of attendance at court as a witness or for jury service; as a result of you/your partner or your travelling companion being made redundant; because your home is uninhabitable as a result of fire, flood or storm within 14 days before your scheduled departure; where your trip has been delayed for more than 12 hours from the 1st international departure time.
If you are going on a golfing holiday and are planning to take your clubs, you can choose to include Golf Cover for a small price. You will be covered for:
- Accidental loss, theft or damage to golf equipment and clothing on your trip – up to a maximum of £1,000 in total or £250 for any one article
- The cost of hiring golf equipment if your personally owned equipment is lost, stolen or delayed (for more than 12 hours on your outward journey) – up to £50 per day and £400 in total
- The cost of pre-booked green fees should the course abroad become unplayable due to adverse weather conditions – up to £40 per day and £200 in total
Business Travel Cover
If you are travelling for business, you can spend a little extra to include Business Travel Cover. You will be covered:
- If you’re unable to complete the trip due to a valid claim under the Medical and repatriation expenses section of the policy then this will cover the cost of sending out a replacement colleague as long as it’s more than 48 hours before you were due to return home – up to £5,000
- If you get to your meeting and your documents or samples have been lost or stolen, up to £2,000 is provided to cover the costs to get replacements sent
- For loss or theft of money belonging to your employer – up to £1,000; if your business equipment and essential baggage is lost, stolen or damaged we will cover the cost of replacement less wear, tear and depreciation – up to £1,500 or any one article £750
Baggage and Personal Belongings
In addition to any cover under the Baggage section, cover is also available for weddings, giving you that extra protection for the big day!
Wedding cover includes:
- Loss or damage to your wedding rings up to £500
- Up to £1,000 for wedding gifts and £1,500 for wedding attire
- Up to £750 for the reasonable cost incurred to reprint/make a copy of or retake the photographs/video recordings
Make a claim
Here to support you when you need us most
Existing Home Customers
If you have Personal Possessions cover with your home insurance, avoid paying twice by removing 'Baggage and Personal Money' from your travel quote
Check the policy booklet to find out what's covered by our Defaqto 5 Star rated insurance
The small print
Sheilas' Wheels Travel Insurance is arranged and administered by Cigna Insurance Services (Europe) Limited. Sheilas' Wheels is a trading name of esure Services Limited, which acts as an introducer to Cigna Insurance Services (Europe) Limited.
Cigna Insurance Services (Europe) Limited is registered in England & Wales No. 4617110, Registered Office: Chancery House, St Nicholas Way, Sutton, Surrey, SM1 1JB.
Cigna Insurance Services (Europe) Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, Financial Services Register number 310671.
esure Services Limited and Cigna Insurance Services (Europe) Limited are not members of the same group. You can check the above details on the Financial Services Register by visiting the FCA website or by calling them on 0800 111 6768.
This policy is underwritten by Cigna Europe Insurance Company S.A-N.V. UK Branch, Chancery House, St Nicholas Way, Sutton, Surrey, SM1 1JB. Registered in Belgium with limited liability (Brussels trade register No. 0474624562). Avenue de Cortenbergh 52, 1000 Brussels, Belgium. Subject to the prudential supervision of the National Bank of Belgium, Boulevard de Berlaimont 14, 1000 Brussels (Belgium) and to the supervision of the Financial Services and Markets Authority (FSMA), Rue du Congres 12-14, 1000 Brussels (Belgium), in the field of consumer protection and subject to limited regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority. Details of the extent of their regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority are available on request to them.