Will you insure me?
There'll be some situations where we won't be able to provide a quote for home insurance. You'll need to be able to agree with the assumptions listed below.
We are able to provide you with a quote if you have exchanged contracts, have an agreed completion date that is within the next 30 days and can agree to the following assumptions.
The home for which insurance is proposed:
- is your main residence and owned by you
- is built of brick, stone or concrete
- has a roof built of slate, tile, asphalt, metal or concrete
- is self contained having its own separate lockable front door
- is occupied solely by you, your family permanently living with you, or any joint named policyholder as a permanent residence
- is used as a private residence and not as business premises
- is in a good state of repair and will be maintained in this state
- is not occupied as a holiday home
- is not a listed building
- is not regularly unoccupied throughout the night
- is not unoccupied for a period in excess of 30 consecutive days
- has never been damaged by flood, and
- has never been damaged by subsidence, heave or landslip.
- if you don’t meet our identity check criteria (this is only applicable when you proceed to purchase)
You, or any member of your family living permanently with you, or any joint named policyholder haven't:
- made any claims on home insurance or suffered any loss within the last 3 years
- had any claim(s) made against you within the last 3 years
- had a burglary at the address being proposed for insurance within the last 3 years
- had home insurance cancelled, refused or renewal refused
- been asked to pay an increased premium (other than normal rating increases) or asked to accept any special conditions or had any special terms imposed
- been convicted of any criminal offence (other than motoring convictions) or have any prosecution or police enquiry pending
- received a police caution in connection with an insurance policy/claim, and
- got one of the following occupations: actor, actress or presenter in films, stage, TV or radio, music or other performing arts, professional sportsperson including trainers and managers, non UK armed forces diplomatic staff, or connected with gaming, nightclubs, circuses, fairgrounds, amusements, street trading, scrap waste, second hand dealing, jewellery or antique dealing, licensed premises.
There may be other situations where we are unable to provide a quote.