What to look for
Whether you are a woman or a man getting a car insurance quote from Sheilas' Wheels, it's important that you consider the whole package. The premium (insurance company speak for how much your car insurance costs) you're quoted will give you a specific level or type of cover, so as well as the different types of insurance (see What types of car insurance are there?), things to look out for include:
- Excess: This is the amount you are expected to pay towards any claim. Our online car insurance quote allows you to opt to increase the excess and enjoy a lower premium if that suits you. Just remember, even though a higher excess could cut your premium it will be a false economy if you couldn't easily afford to pay that excess if you make a claim! It also means there will be no point in claiming for damage that costs less than your excess.
- Class of use: Are you looking for a car insurance quote to cover you just for domestic use and travel to work or do you need to include cover for use at - or with - your work?
- Drivers: Is this a car insurance quote just for you, or do you need to include partners, children, or other drivers for occasional use?
- Mileage: How many miles you drive annually affects your premium.
- No Claim Discounts: This is how the insurance industry rewards careful drivers. Every year you don't make a claim, we increase the discount on your policy. Many policies have a 60% maximum discount. A Sheilas' Wheels car insurance quote can include a no claim discount up to 70% if you have 5 years No Claim Discount and for every claim free year you remain with Shelias' Wheels we will give you a further 1% discount up to a maximum of 75% when you renew the same policy.
- Other benefits: Does the policy include any additional benefits? For example, a comprehensive car insurance policy from Sheilas' Wheels includes a courtesy car whilst your car is being repaired by one of our recommended repairers, handbag cover up to £300 as well as personal belongings cover and free counselling service if you are involved in an accident.