Will you insure me?
There'll be some circumstances where we won't be able to provide a quote for car insurance:
- If any driver is not aged between 21 and 80. If you, or one of your drivers is aged over 80, we are pleased to be able to refer you to another company within our Group, Sheilas’ Wheels Broker, who can provide quotes up to the age of 99. Their website is www.sheilaswheelsbroker.com or you can contact them by phoning 0800 917 0436
- If you do not have at least 1 year's no claim discount
- If your car is over 16 years old
- If your car doesn't have a United Kingdom registration number, or has a registration number starting with 'Q'
- If any driver has been convicted or cautioned in respect of any offence involving dishonesty, fraud or arson or have any prosecutions or police enquiries pending for such offences
- If any driver has a prosecution(s) pending for a motoring offence
- If any driver hasn't been resident in the UK for the last 3 years
- If you live in Northern Ireland or the Channel Islands
- If you require third party fire and theft or third party only cover
- If you don’t meet our identity check criteria (this is only applicable when you proceed to purchase)
- If you have had a car insurance policy cancelled or made void, refused or had a renewal refused
There'll also be some circumstances where we won't be able to provide a quote online, but our Call Centre can discuss your requirements in more detail and may be able to offer you a quote - please see below for contact details.
- If any driver has had a driving licence suspended in the last 5 years
- If you aren't the main driver of the car
- If any driver has an occupation in the following categories: taxi or minicab driver, proprietor or controller; performer or presenter in films, TV, radio, music or other performing arts; professional sportsperson, manager or coach; non UK armed forces or diplomatic staff; or connected with gaming, nightclubs, circuses, fairgrounds, amusements, street trading, scrap waste or second hand dealing, fast food delivery
- If your car is valued at more than £50,000
- If your car isn't kept at the policyholder's address
- If the car has been modified from the normal manufacturer's specifications
- If you wish to insure more than 2 additional drivers
- If any driver has not held a full UK driving licence for at least 3 years
- If the policyholder or spouse/ partner are not the legal owner and requested keeper of the vehicle
The telephone number for our Call Centre is 0845 604 3552
(office hours: Monday to Friday 8am - 8pm, Saturday 9am - 5pm and Sunday 10am - 2pm).
There may be other situations where we are unable to provide a quote. If we are unable to provide you with a quote you may like to try our sister brand Sheilas' Wheels Broker who may be able to help.